RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2 front slides go out not in. 2008 Monaco Camelot. I just…

Customer Question
2 front slides...

2 front slides go out not in

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2008 Monaco Camelot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just tried bringing in the front 2 slides and they go out, not in. No matter what direction I hit the buttons.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
3/9/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. Thanks!

Are these slide outs all electric units or part of an HWH hydraulic system?

I think hydraulic. It's a 2008 Monaco Camelot 42pdq

I have no idea what they used on that year and model, but most of the hydraulic model were HWH and it would say that on the key pad or switch or on the motor and pump.

I will look in my manual. I'm not sure where to find the motor if there is a motor. I do see the hydraulic lines on each side. I just noticed that one hydraulic line had some fluid own it.

If the pump is not coming on then you would need to find out if there is power there at the Trombetta solenoid with a small multimeter. Those are about $20 or so at most local hardware stores. And you can get those diagrams from the HWH website. Those would be helpful. Randall

Ok, so HWH is for slides and leveling?

Yes. I have never seen them separate on one of these models.

Ok, I'm not familiar with this. But I will look it up. Does it make sense the in and out button would make the slide go out no matter what direction?I did look in the generator area on the front of the coach and there is air leaking from the compressor on one of the connectors. Could this possibly be the issue?

No, on the air line issue. And no, the in and out button should ONLY make the slide go in the direction that you chose.

That is what's happening. The 2 front slides only go out and not in no matter what direction I push.

Then it sounds like the switch is defective or perhaps a bad solenoid. I think you need to have a tech look at this. Too hard to figure this out without some testing.

Ok, thanks

You are most welcome! Have a good evening.