RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a domestic 4 door fridge and when I push the on

Customer Question
I have a domestic...

I have a domestic 4 door fridge and when I push the on button, I get an EO fault and turns off right away

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2012 cedar creek ckts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive cleaned all the connections on both the board and the eyebrow controller

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

The EO code means the circuit board under the outside access panel is not communicating with the control panel that you are seeing the code on. This could be the circuit board, the wiring harness between the board and display panel. What you can try to do is disconnect the 12 volt supply going into the circuit board for a few mins and then hook it back up, sometimes this will reset the board. When you do this the display panel will go blank and the interior light inside the box will go off, while you have the DC supply disconnected check all the connectors on the circuit board and make sure they are not loose.

IF that does not take care of the issue I might consider having a mobile RV tech or shop have a look, many will have a test board and display to help narrow down the problem.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Robert

I've done all that and nothing. There is absolutely no power to the fridge at all

Please keep in mind I have no idea what you have tried. IF you tried to reset the power and still have the same code then the circuit board, harness or display is the issue, from my experience the board would be first to replace.

IF you can get me the model number of the Dometic I might be able to send you a service manual.

Robert

RM1350MBSX

Below is a link for a service manual, check and make sure the thermofuse on the flue canister is not tripped, see page 20. Want to be sure that did not trip, it sits on the flue and will be about the size of a quarter and has a tiny button on it.

Robert

https://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM1350.pdf

What you can also do is ohm out the wiring harness from the board to the display panel and make sure each wire has continuity through it.

Robert