RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My furnace starts the fan but does not start the burner. I…

Customer Question
Good Morning Robert, My...

Good Morning Robert, My furnace starts the fan but does not start the burner. I have gas, I have verified it by starting a gas burner on the stove. I have cycled the furnace on and off a couple of time via the thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the vehicle start—same as usual?

This is a travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Coleman 2515RLS 2019

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried cycling the power via the themostat, I have made certain the cylinders have propane

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its cold ?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/26/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your furnace. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living.

I can tell you that the two most common causes of this are the control board is bad or the LP working pressure is too low and needs to be adjusted at the tank regulator. Most shops have a manometer and can do this for you if you remove it and take it into them. The control boards are made in China and poor quality and so I never sell them. I only install a good after market board made in Oregon by Dinosaur Electronics. Yours is a "Fan 50 Plus" model and sells for about $100 or so on Amazon. If you have an outside inspection panel over the furnace this is easy to get to. If not, the furace has to be pulled out from the inside.

I hope that points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me again if you need additional assistance with this. Thanks! Randall