RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Residential refer. No power. Breaker set. Gfci's ok.

Customer Question
Residential refer. No...

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Constant since we hooked up at this TV pk

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Tiffin Red 2019

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Checked all the breakers, gfi and fuses. At a loss.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
2/16/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

IF you have a residential fridge then it gets its AC power from the inverter, locate your inverter and check it to make sure you so not have a breaker tripped on it. Most Inverters will have one or two breakers on them they can be small round buttons or switches. Also sometimes if you have a residential style fridge you will have two inverters, I am not sure if that is the case on your model but if you have a second inverter make sure you check that as well. I would also power everything down, that means shut off all the breakers inside the RV, unplug the shore line from the source and shut the breaker off then power the inverter OFF. Plug back in, turn the supply breaker ON and then turn the breakers inside the RV back on and the restart the inverter. Normally the inverter will be outside in one of the storage compartments.

Robert

Didn't work

Check the breakers on the inverter if you have not done so. The only other suggestion I have is if you can locate the plug for the fridge you can plug it into an outside power source and see if it works and if it does run it until you can have this looked at.

Robert

Thanks

No problem at all.
Robert