RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2018 little guy max camper and I’m having trouble…

Customer Question
I have a 2018...

I have a 2018 little guy max camper and I’m having trouble with my furnace . I’ll turn it on and it will kick on just fine but after it gets warm an shuts off it won’t get the flame again the fan will kick on for about a minute then just quit

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '18 RV?

Make: Little guy Model: Max

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I made sure it had sufficient power And propane an changed the electrode

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s about all of it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
1/21/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

IT was a very good attempt replacing the electrode as that could have been part of the issue.

The next step I would do is have the circuit board tested, these boards do fail and a local RV shop can test the board with a special board tester to see if it is good or not.

We have to assume the LP pressure is good, if this was in the shop it would be one check to see what the pressure is.

IF the board and pressure are good I would next ensure the sail switch and high limit have continuity through them when this is happening. IF the furnace gets to hot a high limit will prevent it from firing off, the sail switch will also prevent ignition if it does not close, the fan would still run.

Make sure you also have good DC voltage, what can happen if the voltage drops below 12 volts the fan can slow down but not strong enough to close the sail switch.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Robert

It has 13.1 volts I was gonna replace the high limit switch next but cant figure out witch one to buy online.

What is the make and model of the furnace?

Robert

Not sure I didn’t locate where it said the model ... the electrode was a Atwood 35100

Let me take a look.

Give me a few.

Robert

I appreciate it

The newer Atwood models are AFM/AFS/AFL models and they all take the same high limit. The part number is ***** below is a link for you.

Hope this helps. Robert

https://pantherrvproducts.com/dometic-atwood-31091-oem-rv-furnace-high-temperature-limit-switch/

Probably be best to take a look as well on the furnace for a sticker the link I sent you was for the newer style Atwood's which would be your year. I am unaware if any other models were manufactured or used for that year.

Robert

Ok thank you

No problem at all.

Have a great day.

Robert