RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a norcold unit in my RV and the bottom frame on the…

I have a norcold...

I have a norcold unit in my RV and the bottom frame on the unit where the hinge is broke. how can I get a replacement part? I looked at my owner's manual and could not find a specific model number. Can you help? Ken

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you replaced this before? If so, how long ago?

Never it is original equipment.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold? What have you tried so far?

It happened on a trip 2 weeks ago and my insurance said it is user error os I am trying to find the part to replace.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The owners manual has 3 models listed and I can't narrow it down to which is mine

1/13/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This might not be good news for you if the hinge broke off many times it is molded to the door and the entire door would need to be replaced.

Inside the fridge on the right hand side should be a sticker with the model number. Most Norcold's start with the letter N and then number. Some will have a 1200 number as well. IF you can get me the model number I can see on getting a parts breakdown. I mention the new door because it has happened to many owners that own Norcold's. Some owners have even tried to JB weld the hinge but that does not normally last to long.

Get me the model number and I can look into this.

Robert

Let me know if you need anything and thanks I had missed the sticker on the right side because the door won't open very much. Ken

OK

I got the model number give me a few mins to look into this.

Robert

Unfortunately, this hinge is a molded piece to the door and cannot be replaced separate from the door itself.

Below is a link for you for a company you might be able to obtain a door.

Robert

https://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-n8xx-refrigerator-doors/

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic