RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic Propane furnace. Fan runs continuously even when…

Customer Question
Dometic Propane furnace. Fan...

Dometic Propane furnace. Fan runs continuously even when Themostat in the off setting. Also the furnace is not lighting so no heat. Was working fine before ran out of propane. Refilled propane and have gas in the range burners and hot water heater.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

How can I check thermostat? I jus put antefreeze in water line.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2019 Coachman Express

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled the fuse out and let it sit for a couple of minutes and put fuse back in. played with the thermostat. pulled cover off the thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
11/14/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me a few mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

IF the thermostat is OFF and the fan keeps running it normally indicates a problem with the thermostat or the circuit board on the furnace, on the furnace circuit board is a relay that is part of the board for the fan, if that relay failed the fan would run all the time. IF the thermostat was not working and supplying voltage to the board then the fan would not shut down as well. What I would do if you have access to the board is remove it and have a local RV shop test the board, if the board checks out good I would replace the thermostat. One of the pins on the connector that plugs into the board should only show voltage when the thermostat is ON, when it is OFF no voltage. I see this is a 2019 and if it is under warranty best to have a mobile RV tech or shop have a look at this.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Robert