RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My microwave and washer electrical sockets are not working…

Customer Question
My microwave and washer...

My microwave and washer electrical sockets are not working on my 2019 Nitro Xlr . They were working and then went out. None of the breakers or fuses are popped

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

What noise, and the sockets went out yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've checked the breakers and fuses and am considering removing the micro to see if the socket has a popped GFI

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
11/9/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert Gabbard, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert Gabbard
Robert Gabbard, RV Mechanic
Hello . My name is ***** *****
Rob?
Is this in reference to my rv question?
it is .I can help you with your no power to your microwave
If you would, the outlet in the garage went out at the same time so I believe they are on the same circuitBut the breaker didn't trip and there are no blown fuses
Start with locating your GFI in the bathroom and reset
I've done that. Is that the only GFI?
If you have and inverter tou will find reset button on the inverter as well
The inverter is concealed is that the only option?
Check your inverter if you have one . if not you will have to check your transfer switch .You most likely have a converter not and inverter
Where would the transfer switch be located
Tranfer switch is located at the begining of your shore cord that you plug into your power source 50 amp
I am not on shore power, i am using the on board generator
Then your breaker on the gen needs resetThere will be 2 30 amp breakers on the gen that have tripped
The generator is working with power to everything else
Remove acces panel and locate the breakers close to the start buttonThen only one of the 2 breakers need reaet on the generatoerSorry mis spelled . answering from a cell phoneThere are 2 30 amp legs on the generatoer . One of them is for 110 supply to your garage and microwave
That worked. thank you
Satisfaction ia are goal . happy to have helped you

Have a great day