RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2017 jayco 29bhds. The island two outlets no longer…

I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 jayco 29bhds

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '17 RV?

The island two outlets no longer work and i have reset the two gfci outlets that i can find

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its a 2017 jayco jayflight 29bhds

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just ive tested the breakers fuses and reset the two gfci outlets that ive found

11/5/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me a few mins to type a response.

Robert

If you happen to have an inverter check the inverter for a tripped breaker, most inverters have one or two breakers on them, they can be round buttons or small switches. NOT all RV's have them and some they offer the inverter as an option, an Inverter allows you to have AC power when you are NOT plugged in to power.

IF you do not have an inverter take another look and make sure you do not have a tripped GFCI, they can be about anywhere, normally in the bathroom and or galley areas but also can be outside in a storage compartment.

Finally I would isolate the AC power and check each non working outlet, if one fails the others are going to stop working as well if they are on the same circuit. Look for any loose, melted wires etc.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
thanks i have inverter option not sure if i have one i have reset both GFCI outlets that ive found in the galley and head area ill look around for another one somewheres else thanks

Glad I could help some, if you have that inverter make sure you check it for a tripped breaker.

Have a great day.

Robert