RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2011 Winnebago 35 F. How do you gwt the passenger back

Hi 2011 Winnebago 35...

Hi 2011 Winnebago 35 F. How do you gwt the passenger back awning down ? The one in the back and the drivers side one. Are they manuel and id so did not get the ñond rod rompit down.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '11 RV?

Long rod to put it down

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just don’t know how to put awnings down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

I’m a member.Ok
11/3/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So I went through the owners manual and it only mentions one switch which is near the entrance door and that is probably for a patio awning. Hard to say if these other awnings were an option or a previous owner has had them installed. One way to tell if they are manually awnings is to look for a strap on the center of the awning tube if you see a strap then they are manual awnings and you would have a lever you release with an awning rod and that lever would be at the end cap on the roller tube.

Most RV shops carry the awning rods and that could have gone missing over the years.

IF you want to send me a few photos of your awning I might have some more input for you, you can add photos into your reply using the paper clip icon on the page.

Thanks. Robert

Thx

No problem at all.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic