RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We are having trouble winterizing our 2019 alpha wolf travel…

We are having trouble...

We are having trouble winterizing our 2019 alpha wolf travel trailer 27rkl. Can not find instructions for this camper.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '19 RV?

It's a forest river

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We printed out instructions from the internet on how to winterize but we cannot get the anti freeze to pull through.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your Forest River been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?

No overheating and no leaks

10/9/2019
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome to Just Answer, I'm Chris (aka-Moose). I've been an independent contractor here for 13 years, and have gotten pretty good at diagnosis & repair sight unseen. However, I'm not good at sympathy through a keyboard. I do care about you, your vehicle's issues, and the funds you're spending, just not good at showing it. Sometimes I respond above your skill level, am to blunt or rough around the edges, just let me know so I can help you best to your and my ability. I am most often online central time 11-3 midday and 8-3 at night.

Each camper is a little different and often the owner's manuals do not always match. For most campers, there are valves near the pump and back of the hot water tank area. You turn each valve for the winterizing task, then turn them back the other way for using city water in the spring, summer, fall. There should be one valve to block the freshwater inlet, one to bypass the hot water tank, and one to open the hose that you put down into the jug of antifreeze. Then you open a faucet and turn on the pump. There are some Youtube videos I could locate and send your way if needed.

I personally drain my tanks, drain the hot water heater, then blow my lines out with compressed air. I can not stand the taste of the antifreeze, I then add antifreeze to the drains.

If any part of my first answer is confusing or needing more detail. Please let me know so I can help more. I want you to receive a 5-star excellent experience and rate as such. Thanks for letting me assist you, Chris.

Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic