RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2003 Fleetwood travel trailer... I plugged in a 210…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 Fleetwood travel trailer... I plugged in a 210 power cord to it by mistake, thinking it was a 110 volt....now I get power coming in to the breaker panel... but nothing comes on.....

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Again I have located that I get power to the panel but my lights do not come on. My A/C will not come on ...

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

My over head light in the kitchen and in the bathroom and my A/C as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I also my poop out will not put in as well

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
10/5/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

9 out of ten times the power converter is going to be damaged when you hook up 220 to the RV, the power converter is first in-line and they never do well when 220 volt is applied.

The power converters job is to take the AC voltage and make the DC voltage it should also charge the battery. The AC, Fridge all need DC power to turn on and work. Some items such as the TV's, Microwave and all your outlets are strictly AC voltage. Go around the RV and make sure you do not have a tripped GFI, these will be outlets with a test and reset on them, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley but can be just about anywhere else including the outside.

It is possible the TV's and microwave got damaged as well, unplug them and then get something else to plug into the outlet, if you have voltage then the TV's are probably bad and you may have blown a fuse inside the microwave.

Hope this helps Robert

Ok I went to the microwave it was disconnect... and I plugged it in and it's working... the out at the refrigerator is working as well.... so all the rest are not.....you this k it can be a GFI outlet ?? I will look through out to see if I find any that are shorted

I think the converter may be damaged if you have no DC power. You do want to check and make sure any GFI's are not tripped sometimes when 220 is applied they can trip or get damaged. That is just the AC side, the DC side is powered through the converter.

Robert