RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a dometic 7-series refrigerator in our 25-foot

Customer Question
We have a dometic...

We have a dometic 7-series refrigerator in our 25-foot motorhome. We have been running it on propane, with a full tank (20 gal) and the blue lights started to flash on the frig. We turned the frig off for about 30 minutes and when we turned it back on again, the lights continued to flash.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It is the light that indicates it is on LP and the temp setting is flashing two lights. It is extremely windy where we are camped. Would that cause a problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 7 Series?

Our RV is a 2017 and the info for the frig is DMR 702 serial #62000327.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 7 Series yourself? What have you tried so far?

All we've tried is turning it off. It is off now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it. Thanks

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
9/28/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert Gabbard, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert Gabbard
Robert Gabbard, RV Mechanic

Hello my name is***** can help you with your DMR 702 I will need a hour or o to gather the information.Please stand by

We are at Hovenweep Utah and it's extremely windy. Our refer was working well until the wind started to blow.

Yes the wind is blowing out the flame . You may want to run the Fridge on AC if your are plugged into 30 or 50 amp service. Or re potion the RV away from direct wind

Can't plug in to electric until tomorrow Monday afternoon. Repositioning had no success.Any others thoughts on why the blue lights are flashing?

I would keep trying to light it and you must have good 12 volts , you said you were not able to plug in and that tells me you may have low batteries

We've been able to run our generator and batteries are registering full.

then why cant you run it on AC with the gen?

The AU is staying steady, however the 2 blue lights on the temp side are still flashing.Originally the AU wouldn't come on when the generator was on but now it does.

you have low voltage that is he only problem. turn off the unit and restart on gas with good 12 volt power

We ended up moving today and are hooked up to electric power. The AU light is on solid. But the 2 temperature lights are still flashing. We've been hooked up for 45 minutes and the frig and freezer are still not working. Our battery reads full at 14.4.
See my answer above. We’re hooked up to electric and the 2 blue lights are still blinking. We’v Been hooked up for a couple of hours now.

The unit must b brought in for service there no communication with the control board. I can find a place in your area for service i you would like?

We appreciate your helpful responses. We'll be taking our motorhome into have the refrigerator fixed. Thank you.
Have a great day