RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We are in a 2015 RoadTrek. Last night I had microwave on &

We are in a...

We are in a 2015 RoadTrek. Last night I had microwave on & air conditioner. They both shut off. Now no socket works nor GFI’s.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

It’s full

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '15 RV?

CS Adventures

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses. GFI switches will not click. Can’t use TV, air conditioning, & microwave. No switch works.

9/26/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sounds like you have lost ALL the AC power.

IF you start the generator do you get your power back?

Have you checked the supply source breaker the RV is plugged into or tried another source?

Thanks, Robert

We have solar.
Getting power
From hook up

OK

Please allow me a few mins to type a response.
Thanks, Robert

Can plug tv or anything else in to power cord hooked up outside

You always want to try another supply power source if at all possible or you could be chasing your tail. Unplug from power, turn off all the breakers inside the RV, plug back in and then turn the breakers on. You should be plugged into a 30 amp service not a standard 110 outlet, if you are plugging into a standard 110 outlet it can cause issues and you can very easily overload the system.

I might also start the generator if you get your power back then it has to be a supply source or cord problem or a transfer switch issue. Normally when all the power is missing it is the source or transfer switch problem.

Robert

Everything works, BUT
TV, microwave, air conditioning, electrical water heater, gfi switches cannot allow power to phones, etc.
Ran electrical cord from power outside to plug in TV and this works.
No generator, only solar.Fan works, refrigerator & round sockets which require special insert for charging phones. TV cord to extension cord works.

All the items you mention are AC powered.

IT sounds like you are plugging into a 110 outlet if you are plugging the TV into this outlet. You really should not use a 110 service for all the AC power. You can have line loss and AC items may not work, the system can get overloaded plugging into a 110 outlet, the AC unit alone could trip the supply source breaker.

IF you are using an adapter and extension cord I would try new ones.

The only other area I can think of you might want to check is if you have an inverter, check the inverter for a tripped breaker.

All the items you mention are DC power even the fridge, it needs DC power to turn ON.

The AC power comes from the supply source through a transfer switch if you have a generator and then to the inverter and breaker panel.

Robert

Thanks for your assistance. Need to take in to repair whatever. We use LaMesa in Mesa, Az but do you have any suggestions?

Click HERE for one place that appears to be in Mesa, it is a mobile service.

Click HERE for another one as well.

Robert

Everything you mentioned has been checked. Will have to take it in to repair.

I just sent you two links for RV repair in your area, one is a mobile service.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic