RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Generator keeps shutting off. 2020 Keystone Fuzion 424.

Customer Question
Generator keeps shutting off ...

Generator keeps shutting off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2020 Keystone Fuzion 424

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cummins Onan 5500 and yes myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It runs for about 5 mins then shuts off. I let it sit for 5-10 mins then it’ll start again

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
9/20/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert Gabbard, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert Gabbard
Robert Gabbard, RV Mechanic

Hi My name is ***** ***** I can help with your 5500

Have you retrieved the codes ? if not here is how you do it

1. start and run gen from the gen not the remote, When shuts down the start button will flash. push the start button 3 times and it will go into diag mode
  2. light will flash first set of flashes then a pause then second set of flashes. example flash .flash flash pause flash flash this would be code 32

The genset controller provides extensive diagnostics by causing the status indicator light on the Control Switch to blink in a coded fashion. Following a fault shutdown, the indicator light will repeatedly blink 2, 3 or 4 blinks at a time. • Two blinks indicates a low oil pressure fault. • Three blinks indicates a service fault. Press Stop once to cause the two-digit, second-level fault code to blink. (Pressing Stop again will stop the blinking.)The two-digit code consists of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 blinks, a brief pause, and then 1 to 9 blinks. The first set of blinks represents the tens digit and the second set of blinks the units digit of the fault code number. For example, Fault Code No. 36 appears as: blink-blink-blink—pause—blink-blink-blink-blink-blink-blink— long pause— repeat • Four blinks indicates that cranking exceeded 30 seconds without the engine starting. Note: Fault Code Nos. 3 and 4 are first level faults. Avoid interpreting them as second-level Fault Code Nos. 33 and 44, which have not been assigned as fault codes. Restoring Fault Code Blinking – The fault code stops blinking after five minutes (15 minutes, Series HGJAA). Press Stop three times within five seconds to restore blinking. Note that the last fault logged will blink, even after the condition that caused the shutdown has been corrected.

I'm getting control card failure fault

you will need to take it in for service

K

sorry for your situation being as new as it is.

Ya it sucks ����‍♂️

i agree

satisfaction is your goal, I welcome any follow-up questions that you may have, please give a 5-star rating at the conclusion of this correspondence Thank you .