RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I cant get my slide out to come out. 1999 winnebago

Customer Question
I cant get my...

I cant get my slide out to come out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

1999 winnebago chieftain 35'

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive tried to shake it to make it come out but it is stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its making the right noise, it just builds up pressure till i have to let off

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
9/20/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

This sounds like a solenoid problem. You should have a HWH slide and leveling. IF the pump is coming on and building pressure the extend solenoid could be bad.

Find the hydraulic pump and you will see the solenoids, they will have T handles OR a 1/4 nut on the end of the cap. Get a helper and have then hit the slide room switch in the extend position, you should hear and feel the solenoid click when the hit is switched. Mark that solenoid. Next have a helper hit the retract and listen and feel for that solenoid. Once you locate the retract and extend solenoid swap the wiring on the solenoids, if it is a solenoid issue the room should extend when you hit retract but then it will not come in until you swap the wiring back.

Also could be a pump or voltage issue, check your battery voltage make sure it is not dropping below 12 volts when the pump is running.

IF it is not a solenoid problem I might have a tech look at this.

Hope this points you in the right direction. Robert

wow
That sounds like it might just work
It sounds like you are familiar with my system
Thank you
i will try it tonight when i get to the campground

Yes I have been a tech for over 22 years and been helping on this site for over 13 years. I do know the HWH systems pretty well.

Hope this works for you.

Robert

Thanks again

No problem at all.
Robert

It worked!
Thanks

Glad I could help out on this and thanks for the heads up.

Just to let you know if you replace the solenoid and it looks different it is normal, they updated the solenoids where they have a cam release on them.

Have a great Weekend!

Robert