RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2003 Gulfstream Innsbruck travel Trailer and the 15…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 Gulfstream Innsbruck travel Trailer and the 15 amp breaker labeled DS keeps popping not sure what DS means

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I just bought it the other day, when I say popping I mean the breaker is flipping off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '03 RV?

It’s a 03 Gulfstream Innsbruck 29’ travel trailer w/ 1 slide out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I’m fixing it myself, haven’t done anything yet. Trying to figure out what DS stands for on the 15 amp breaker

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment that’s the first thing I run across when I hooked up to 220 ac from my house

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/20/2019
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here. Thanks!

Good evening! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I fully understand the frustration you can have when things aren't working the way they should.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your AC power. And I apologize for the delay in someone getting to your question! Thank you for your patience. Sometimes we get overwhelmed with questions and some of our techs may be on vacation. I just got back from one myself.

Does this have a 30 amp 120 VAC cord (3 prongs) or a 50 amp 240 VAC cord (4 prongs) here? If you plugged in a 30 amp 120 VAC cord into an older 3 prong 240 VAC outlet you are going to have some damage to the systems here. I am not sure what "DS" here means as most would spell out what is on that circuit. In any event, you are going to need a small digital multimeter like you can find at most local hardware stores. About $20 or so and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing.

I hope this points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. Thanks! Randall in RV

Ok thanks I'll get back on it tomorrow morning, I noticed something in your answer that might be a problem,my RV is parked a good ways from my house, I have a 25 foot 30 amp cord from my RV and a 25 foot 30 amp cord from my house with adapters on each end with a 100 foot 110 v extension cord between the two.

That is definitely going to be an issue! You can't run that much cord here. It will cut down the voltage so far it drives up the amperage and that pops breakers. Maybe get someone to install a proper RV outlet there closer to the RV and bury the line from the house an Service Panel.

Ok, thanks

You are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer.