RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Reverse polarity from DC battery side. I have a keystone…

Reverse polarity from DC...

Reverse polarity from DC battery side. I have a keystone bullet premiere 34bh 30 amp trailer. Is there a switch in converter that acts as a bridge rectifier

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No camping world did replace a pinched trailer cable

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Batteries are good And properly connected

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just disconnected wires to confirm reverse polarity on DC side. Ac side is correct. Surge unit detected it and confirmed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a diode bridge rectifier in line of dc side and does converter correct this

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/4/2019
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Please give me a few minutes to type up my answer please. Thanks!

2018 keystone bullet premier 34bh 30amp trailer

Good morning! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I fully understand the frustration you can have when things aren't working the way they should.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your converter system. And I apologize for the delay in someone getting to your question! Thank you for your patience. Sometimes we get overwhelmed with questions and some of our techs may be on vacation. I just got back from one myself. There is not that sort of setup on these. They all use reverse polarity fuses. Two 40 amp blade fused. If this is a integral model they are by themselves on the fuse block and if this is a stand alone model the are on the converter.

There should be two batteries installed for best results on any slide out. Get your meter and check it to be sure that the charging device is putting out the 13.7 to 14.2 VDC that these put out when working properly. That would be to the fuse block and the batteries.

If not, and the fuses are good I suspect that this is going to be a tripped shortstop breaker up by the batteries or perhaps a DC breaker by the main load center. That is the most common reason for this happening. Check that and get back to me. Short stop breakers have to be within 18" of the batteries by code and have a red cover over them. Silver post and copper post and a small black button on the copper post end. And it would be very helpful here to know whose load system this is here.

The way to track this down is with a small digital multimeter to see if there is good power at that circuit or not. A meter is about $20 or so at most local hardware stores and easy to use.

I hope this points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. Thanks! Randall in RV

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started

Please give me a call back again later if you need more.