RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Is this a fake or real. Coachmen lite 98 need assistance for…

Customer Question
Is this a fake...

Is this a fake or real

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Coachmen lite 98 need assistance for pilot relight

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

I am trying to relight pilot for hot water heater is it on the outside rear left of trailer or under kitchen sink

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pilot?

1998 coachmen lite trailer sir

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing give me the steps to relight the heater sir

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
8/27/2019
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome to Just Answer, I'm Chris (aka-Moose). I've been an independent contractor here for 13 years, and have gotten pretty good at diagnosis & repair sight unseen. However, I'm not good at sympathy through a keyboard. I do care about you, your vehicle's issues, and the funds you're spending, just not good at showing it. Sometimes I respond above your skill level, am to blunt or rough around the edges, just let me know so I can help you best to your and my ability. I am most often online central time 11-3 midday and 8-3 at night.

The water heater is on the outside of the RV covered by a square panel about 14 X 14 inches with a twist lock at the top. Most water heaters do not have a pilot light. All gas is turned off and on electrically as well as lighted electrically when the water needs to be heated. This sounds more like an igniter failure.

If any part of my first answer is confusing or needing more detail. Please let me know so I can help more. I want you to receive a 5-star excellent experience and rate as such. Thanks for letting me assist you, Chris.

i need to relight pilot for RV coachmen 1998 litei have the manual but cannot locate the pilot switchthis is for hot water sir

Have you located the water heater cover panel on the outside of the RV?

took it off, however, what are the steps to relight heater - gas is on sir
i must be looking at wrong panel, where exactly is it sir?I must be looking at water heater lower left side of coachmen lite 98 modelplease advise
249 QB coachmen 1998 lite 24'is that enough sir?when relight can I leave it on ??what is the right side used for sir

Yes you can leave it on once lite.

Here are some pictures of where the WH can be.

also for the heater in RV will that work once I have heater on sir?if heater for water is then lit, where is furnace for heater in trailer sir?

I will have to look over some floor plan pictures to locate the furnace, been a long time since I was in one of these.

did you think they are nice?

I guess they are nice, that is hard to answer since it comes down to personal preference. in the images above I circled the water heater cover and the opposite side the furnace cover.

if i light the water heater, how does the heater work in the trailer once I turn it on next to pump switch
?how do i light the furnace? will it light after the water heater is on??

The water heater and the furnace are 2 different things. You need to remove the cover on the furnace and make sure it needs to be lite manually, it should be automatic. Once the cover is off and the make and model is known, I can find out on google.

how does the furnace lite up?

If it is automatic, you just turn the thermostat up to heat.

how does it come on? after water heater is lit up. Now after pilot is lit how long until I turn it to function knob?also, can I leave it on all day or do I turn it off and use only when I need for shower and heat in RV?

Once the pilot is lite for the water heater, you follow the exact steps like in the video I sent. Yes, you can leave the pilot lite while camping even when not using hot water.

but will the heater work in the RV, I have a heater switch near the pump main switch. How will the heater work inside? from the water heater or is there a separate switch. I believe the furnace runs the heater in the RV

I can not find a picture of your control panel to answer your follow up. Can you send me a picture?

thank you for the answers, I will try and if fail get back to you another time. thank you

You are welcome. You can see the hours I work in my first response if you need to reply, to prevent you from waiting on me to be online.