RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Jayco 17Xfd and my awning is not working. Jayco Jay…

I have a Jayco...

I have a Jayco 17Xfd and my awning is not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Jayco Jay Feather 2017 17 CD4 weeks ago we had an issues with the

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Propane/carbon monoxide alarm going off...where it would stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Wouldn't stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We unplugged and reset....now the awning doesn't go out or retract

8/16/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me a few mins to type a response.
Thanks. Robert

To start off I would check your battery voltage and make sure the voltage is over 12 volts, many times the awning can be wired direct to the battery. Look in your main fuse panel for a fuse and then look for a DC breaker near the battery below is a picture. As a general rule any breakers are going to be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame rail. To test you would want to see the same voltage on each post to chassis ground. IF one side has voltage and the other does not then look on the short side of the breaker for a tiny tab that you can reset.

IF you do not see any breakers or fuses near the battery then it could be an issue with the awning motor. What I might do is pull the switch out of the wall and check the connections, I have seen some cases where the wires will bend when the switch is installed, pull the switch out and then try running the awning.

Beyond that I would have a shop or mobile tech take a look at this.

Hope this helps. Robert

Breaker.

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic