RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Red light blinking on front of refrigerator. Blinks then…

Red light blinking on...

Red light blinking on front of refrigerator

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Blinks then stops then blinks again

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2019 Thor freedom elite 22FE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Cycled power checked there was 120VAC at outlet. Not sure which 12v fuse powers circuit board

8/8/2019
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Me

Good evening! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I fully understand the frustration you can have when things aren't working the way they should. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your fridge. And I apologize for the delay in someone getting to your question! Thank you for your patience. Sometimes we get overwhelmed with questions and some of our techs may be on vacation. I just got back from one myself.

That can be caused by a number of things. If you have or can come up with a small digital multimeter we can do some testing and find out. Or even a 12 VDC test light can work sometimes. Both are available at the local hardware stores. And the model number of this fridge would be helpful. Start by checking the power into the control board on the rear of the fridge. Once I know the model number I can add a link to the Service Manual and direct you in some testing.

I hope this points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. Thanks! Randall in RV

What measurements do I need to take?

The DC voltage at the rear of the fridge. And I need the make and model of the fridge please.

Norcold N7XRT

I am going to add a link to that Service Manual for you. Quite long and print it out and look at the error code messages. This is a pretty complex fridge.

Have 13.69vdc at the circuit boardError code is red light flashing 10 times. 5 second pause then flashing againF1 and F2 fuses on circuit board are good

That is a code that can mean several things and see that test and the results. One isn't good and it can mean a new fridge, so we hope that isn't it. See that link HERE.

Page 23 as I recall. Follow the testing procedure. Let me know what you find.

Passed all tests. Now when I put the connectors back on the fridge won’t even turn onNo flashing red light eitherGreen light came on briefly then back to flashing red light

Are you sure you got the flashing code correct? If none of those things were detected then it should work.

The last one says to replace the power board, if all the other tests are negative.

Yep 10 flashes then off 5 seconds then 10 flashesMight be a power board problem

IF all the other tests are negative then that is what is shows.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification