RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Husband pulled the trailer in and immediately saw white

Customer Question
Husband pulled the trailer...

Husband pulled the trailer in and immediately saw white smoke from the inverter! Nothing was turned on

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?

Plugged it in. Its a brand new Jayco Flightier travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Jayco Flight 2019

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

264BH

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

This is something you want he dealer to look at, most likely you have a power converter it takes the incoming AC voltage and makes the DC voltage and charges the battery. IF there was a wiring fault with the RV it should be covered under new warranty. I can say that if you were trying to plug into a standard household outlet with an adapter and extension cord they may not honor the warranty. IF you accidental plugged into a 220 welder or dryer outlet that would not be covered as well so you need to be careful what you disclose to the dealer. Plugging into a 220 outlet can smoke the inverter and damage the other appliances in the RV.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Robert

Thanks

No problem at all.

Robert