RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a camper with a norcold 621 fridge that is blowing…

I have a camper...

I have a camper with a norcold 621 fridge that is blowing the ac fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your Norcold fridge?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Bought camper and redone optic board acts like it works have checked all power coming in and have replaced control board in the back

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont think so

7/13/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

IF it is blowing the AC fuse disconnect the AC heating element wires from the circuit board. The AC heating element will go inside the flue and the board supplies voltage to it. Disconnect the wires and then see if the fuse blows, if the fuse does NOT blow I would replace the heating element. Click HERE and see page 34. It can also be ohmed out.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Robert

I have Ohmed it out ohm at 46 have not tried to start with wires disconnected

I would disconnect it and see what happens. What I also might do is try another AC power source, get an extension cord and plug the fridge into an outside source. The board could also be the problem but you replaced that.

Let me know if you need more help.
Robert

I have Ohmed it out it Ohmed 46 I have not tried to start with the wires disconnected

Let me know if you need more help.
Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thanks I'll try that
I hope this will continue the conversation we were having Saturday. i unplugged the ac heater element wires and restarted the fridge norcold 621 when i did it did not blow the ac fuse and started on LP but gave me a code for low dc current and that i needed to replace the board. I put the old board in and it told me the same thing.

Did you check the DC power supply? Can you try hooking up another battery direct to the power supply?

Sometimes a power converter can put out DC ripple or AC voltage and the board does not like it, one way to tell is try another supply source.

Robert

Last night I hooked a battery directly to the dc power supply with no change still showing H fault then I ran an extension cord and plugged the fridge in while still hooked to the battery still had the same fault. I am doing all of this with the heating element unplugged, since it is not blowing the ac fuse (5 amp glass) does that mean the heating element is bad?

The H code means the element or board is bad. I would replace the element to start off.

Robert