Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  23 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2019 forest river Salam cruse lite 191. It has the

Customer Question

I have a 2019 forest river Salam cruse lite 191. It has the solar on the side. When we picked it up the ac microwave and so on all worked when running off the truck. Now they dont. I called the rv dealer they are telling me none of that should be working.
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes all of that
JA: What is the model of your '19 Forest River?
Customer: 191SSXL
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all the fuses and breakers. Only things that work are the lights and half the plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

That is normally the case, normally the only way the Roof AC and microwave and outlets are going to work is if you are plugged into power or you had a generator installed in the RV, it would need to be running. I think the dealer is correct on that.

If you had an inverter then you would have some AC power but it would not run the AC unit. An inverter takes the battery voltage and makes AC power. I looked at the specs for your year and did not see an inverter that was mentioned.

Hope this helps some. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then I must not be understanding something because, the unit was sold with solar on the side so it can be a compleatly off the grid
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Yes in a sense with solar you have all the DC power available to use, not the AC power. The AC power is the microwave, TV outlets.

I think I would get with the dealer on this, they should have given you a detailed walk through on the unit and how all the systems work. I would see if you they would do that for you.

Robert