RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

No electric power to rv ceiling ligts thermostats and

Customer Question
No electric power to...

No electric power to rv ceiling ligts thermostats and airconditionsers Still have electric poser to most of my electrical outlets. fuses are all ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

1995 Fleetwood pace arrow

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I unpulged the rv and repluged it turned all the fuse box switches off and back on, checked the fuses and they were ok. I had a electrician out today but he does]t do much work on RVS and he could not find the problem. It was 102 in here today

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
7/3/2019
RV Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 3 years ago
randall chapman

Hello, I am Randall. I am sorry you are having this trouble. A voltmeter is needed, check to be sure there is 120 volts on the output legs of the main breaker. I assume you will have that, its not going to a 12 volt fuse issue. Too may circuits inop. The next step, plugged in, power at breakers as we feel there is. One needs to use a voltmeter or 12 volt testlight on the top of some? of the 12 volt fuses. Mo power? to one or more and fuses ok? you have a bad converter box. A converter box is the fuse box you are looking at. It converters 120 volts to 12 volts. AC will NOT work without 12 volts to the thermostat nor lights. and anything 12 volt operated , well at least till a battery goes low. The converter box also charges the battery.I am responding without some basic test performed but right off? sounds like a bad converter.If you need to continue or if there is anything else I can assist with at all with this question, let me know here and I will be happy to assist further!
I am not online all hours but generally on/off each day. I will see your reply and will respond as soon as possible. Thanks!