RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I replaced the fridge circuit board in my evening and now it…

Customer Question
I replaced the fridge...

I replaced the fridge circuit board in my evening and now it goes into lockout mode after running for a while. What would be causing this? I know this will happen when it does not sense any cooling.

Mechanic's Assistant: How can I help with your home repair question? What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?

This is a camper. Is an 07 Carson fun runner

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

I fixed the circuit board

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
7/1/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the fridge?

Normally when you get a no cooling fault the cooling unit is suspect, what happens is the ammonia solution can stop flowing or cause a blockage and when that happens the fridge gets very hot on the back side and causes that code to come up. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked. Make sure the fridge is level, sometimes if you tap on the coils with a rubber mallet it can get the solution inside going again, also pulling the fridge and flipping it a few times and letting it sit level for about 12 hours will also help. Normally the cooling unit would need to be replaced. IF you can get me the make and model of the fridge I may have some more input on this.

Robert

This is a norcold n621. And the camper is a 07 model

OK.....

Click HERE for a service manual, you can go to page 37 and it will talk about cooling faults. unfortunately this is not the code you want to see as the cooling unit is probably the issue. You could try a small fan pointing upwards under the outside access panel to see if that helps, make sure the upper vent is not obstructed.

Hope this helps. Robert

Shot!! Ok. It worked a couple mounts ago. It it normal for them to just stop like that?

Sometimes if they sit off level it can cause the blockage. I might pull the fridge flip it a few times and then let it stand level for at least 12 hours and then see if it will work again. I have seen brand new cooling units out of the box fail and have seen others last 20 plus years.

Robert

Dang that sounds like a task! Would it be worth trying to heat up the coils with a little torch and tap on them with a mallet?

Just tap on them with a rubber mallet.

Robert