RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

PLUG NOT WORKING UNDER CABINET FOR THE HOT WATER TANK WHAT…

Customer Question
PLUG NOT WORKING UNDER...

PLUG NOT WORKING UNDER CABINET FOR THE HOT WATER TANK WHAT OTHER PLUG WORKS WITH THAT ONE . AND THE ONE OUTSIDE DONT WORK EITHER 1999 SANDPIPER FOREST RIVER

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Forest River?

I JUST BOUGHT IT AND IT SAID SANDPIPER I WILL HAVE TO LOOK ON TITLE FOR THE MODEL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES I HAVE CHECK THEM WITH A VOLT METER I WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE HOT WATER TANK THER NO POWER TO PLUG SO I RAN A CORD AND THE HOT WATER TANF COME ON FOR ABOUT 10 SECOND THEN KICKS RESET BUTTON ON

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

NO POWER TO PLUG AT ALL

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
7/1/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the water heater. IS the reset under the outside access panel? It would have a small raised box with a circle that you push in for the reset, that would be a suburban water heater.

Are you plugged directly into power with NO adapters or extension cords? OR are you plugging into a standard household outlet?

Thanks, Robert

I wanting to know about the plug with no power we are going with a tankless water heater wanting to know where is the power coming from to the plug . that plug and the plug outside camper has no power everything work except those two plug

You should have a breaker feeding that circuit. Go around the RV and make sure you do not have a tripped GFI these will be outlets with a test and reset on them, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside of the RV. Hard for me to say where the wiring is routed. Start at the breaker panel, look for a tripped GFI and then check each outlet, make sure you have no loose wires or melted wires. Normally the water heater would be on it's own dedicated breaker but understand if it is tied in with the outlets. I also might get a polarity checker and check the polarity of the outlets. IF you are running on a standard house outlet and trying to use the AC side of the water heater that may cause problems.

Robert