RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Should I engage the electronic leveling jacks and then put…

Customer Question
Should I engage the...

Should I engage the electronic leveling jacks and then put the slides out on my 2005 Fleetwood Southwind, or should the slides be put out first, and then the jacks engaged?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried anything. It seems like the RV isn’t very level after the slides are out when the leveling system is engaged first.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just want to be sure I am doing things in the right order. Purchased the rig two months ago.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/30/2019
RV Mechanic: HDGene, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
HDGene
HDGene, RV Mechanic

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am here to help answer your questions. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your vehicle. I will do my best to give you the answer you are looking for. Please allow me a few minutes in between our responses to review your information. I may ask several questions to get more details about your problem. While you are waiting for me to respond I am looking up the workshop manuals and wiring diagrams needed to answer your concerns.

The website will prompt a phone call automatically, not me. So please don't let this automatic service prompt annoy you.If you prefer to talk verses type then please use the phone call option.

Hello, you want to stabilize the trailer first to level it and then move out your slides. Check out this video to get it set up properly then make any adjustments if the sides set it off level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xib8LAUiz6g

I hope you find this information helpful, if you need more help please let me know and I will be more than happy to attempt to assist you further. Thank you.