RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2003 Winnebago Sightseer with Norcold Refrigerator will not…

Customer Question
2003 Winnebago Sightseer with...

2003 Winnebago Sightseer with Norcold Refrigerator will not work on AC and LP

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

It has liquid amonia

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '03 RV?

Winnebago Sightseer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wired direct to gas silinoid and the gas works. No DC from board

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/28/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you!

What is the model of the Norcold?

When you say does not work is the interior light coming on at all? OR it appears to be working but the box is NOT cooling.

Thanks, Robert

Lights work and when I add 12v to the silinoid the burner comes on and it sorks. The DC to the silinoid from the board has no power
When in auto or AC mode it does not workI hooked my positive and negative to the silinoid from my battery charger and it worked fine on ga

OK

Please give me a few mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

This sounds like a board issue, when you call for gas the circuit board sends voltage to the gas valve and the electrode at the same time. IF you are getting no voltage on the wires when it is sparking then the board sounds like it is bad. It is very important to check the fridge display panel to see if you are getting any faults, that could be a flashing light or some letters on the display. The fridge does need a good DC supply going into the board, make sure you have over 12 volts going into the board. IF you can get me the model number I should be able to send you a service manual on this. To me without knowing the model number and from what you are saying with the interior light coming on and the voltage not at the gas solenoid wires it sounds like a board issue.
Robert

when the ignitor tries three time the lights blink giving fault. I have the vin and serial for the RV. Will that work?THE BOARD IS GETTING 12V FROM MAIN POWER PLUGokI have a mtg. now, can I come back to this shortly?

Just to be clear you say the igniter tries three times and then gives a fault.... IS that WITHOUT you supplying voltage to the gas solenoid or that is what happens when you turn it on at the display panel? Really need the model number of the fridge, the vehicle vin will not do anything for me.

YES you can respond back to me at anytime.

Robert

I did a little searching on this and think you have the N 611 or N 811 fridge, click HERE for a service manual you can go through the troubleshooting steps.

IF you need more help please let me know. I am around daily and respond WHEN I can. IF you want to do some checks and get back to me that is fine.

Robert