RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My norcold refrigerator model n811lt light is flashing 5…

Customer Question
My norcold refrigerator model...

My norcold refrigerator model n811lt green light is flashing 5 times and I have reset it and it will work for about a day and then I will have to reset it again

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The green light and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Norcold n811lt. 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked all connections ,gas , electrical and make sure the camper is level

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/25/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.
Thanks, Robert

It the green light and it is blinking fast

Yes I know what you are talking about. IT takes time to type a response.

Robert

No

That code means the fridge is not detecting any cooling and it pertains to the fridge overheating. IF you keep having to reset it then you could have something going on with the cooling unit. Once the ammonia solution inside the cooling unit stops moving it can cause the fridge to start to overheat and then you will get that code. What you might want to try is a small fan on the back of the fridge pointing upwards to see if that helps out at all, make sure all the vents for the fridge are clear and clean. Low DC voltage can also cause this code to come up so make sure you always have over 12 volts.

Normally when a cooling unit becomes blocked it needs to be replaced. Sometimes if you tap the coils with a rubber mallet it can help get the solution inside the coils going again, or flipping the fridge a few times and letting it stay level for about 12 hours.

Hope this helps some, If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Robert