RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2008 KZ spree I just bought. Brought it home and…

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 KZ spree I just bought. Brought it home and plugged it into a 110 extension cord. Can I run the AC and I noticed the Microwave didn't power up. Does the AC and the microwave only work when plugged into a 30 amp service.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Yes. all the breakers are on. Everything else works.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '08 RV?

KZ Spree 324 travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looked for any blown fuses which I haven't found. Fridge, water pump, slide, lights and level monitor all work

6/22/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

IF you are using a standard 110 volt outlet you will be hard pressed to run anything in the RV. You do not have very many amps available and it is getting restricted through a small cord, the longer the cord the more problems you are going to have. A roof AC unit pretty much pulls all the amps out that you can use from a 110 volt plug in. When this happens items will start to fail.The power converter is pulling amps and anything else that is on. Many owners will step down only to charge the batteries off the converter and they do not run anything else, even doing this it can cause problems if the cords are to long.

Click HERE this will show you how to wire in a 30 amp service.

Hope this helps.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thanks. Now I understand why. Thanks also for the diagram for the 30 amp plug. I'm going to wire one up tomorrow.

Sounds good.

Glad I could help some.
Robert