RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have refrigerator model RML 8330 UL. Unbeknownst to us,

We have refrigerator model...

We have refrigerator model RML 8330 UL. Unbeknownst to us, the fridge door was not closed completely, and when we went upward over a bump, the door swung open and broke off its hinges. The top piece of plastic that is screwed into the top of the door has a broken piece at the screw, and the bottom hinge attached to the body of the fridge is bent somewhat downward. The fridge was empty and is not in use right now because we just got back from a trip yesterday. Is the top piece of plastic that is broken at the screw replaceable? We think the bottom metal hinge can be bent back.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2016 PleasureWay Lexor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

This just happened a half hour ago. After getting home from our trip we emptied everything and then were taking it to the gas station to fill up the tank when the door swung open and broke and ended up on the floor. We have done nothing. The door is lying on the floor right now. If we can order a new plastic part for the top of the door, I suppose we could fix it ourselves. Coincidentally, we have an appointment for some warranty work on lights tomorrow in Columbus, OH. It would be great if we could get a part by then!

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights have nothing to do with the refrigerator! They are ceiling lights.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I could take a cell phone pic of the damaged plastic part, if that would help.

6/17/2019
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I fully understand the frustration you can have when things aren't working the way they should. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your fridge door. Please get back to me with a Product Number and a Serial Number and I can get you a part number and a price and source. Thanks! Randall in RV

Am I not talking to Dometic? I thought I was chatting with Dometic. I told you the model number already. I do not know the serial number.Are you still there? Is this a Dometic representative?

I have a shop and I am a Dometic Certified Repair and Warranty outlet.

They have multiple variations of this model and that is why to get the correct parts I need the Product Number and Serial Number. On the data tag on the inside of the fridge wall.

Product number*********** Serial number 51000025

They don't service those parts separately on that door. ONLY the hinge parts that attach to the fridge. That door assy is very expensive so you might want to see if you can have them (or you) repair it. These are usually special order so you might not find anyone that has one is stock. 3 weeks is the usual time. Plan on about $530 or so. Ouch! Sorry that wasn't good news. Randall in RV

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification