RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a 208 montana 5th wheel whit comfort contrl center

Customer Question
Have a 208 montana...

Have a 208 montana 5th wheel whit comfort contrl center which has quit working. Tried to resent with no luck. Got new control center and it also will not work. It will read the ff and then go to ee. Have checked all fuses and look at wires in both air conditioners and can not find the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

No only the one fuse panel and breaker box next to the kithchen sink.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Montana?

2008 10 aniverisary

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

You sat two fuse panel but only find one

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/15/2019
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok go ahead

Good afternoon! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I fully understand the frustration you can have when things aren't working the way they should. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Comfort Control thermostat. When you switched out to the newer Comfort Control II thermostat did you change out the control boards in both A/C units? If not, this won't work. You may want to go back to the 5 button Comfort Control if that is the one you had before. Randall in RV

I did replaced the control with the same 5 button control center.

An "EE" error is a communication fault. That usually indicates a bad connection on one end or the other. Try disconnecting both end and clean them and make sure they are dry and firmly seated in the socket and then try it again. I am adding a link HERE for that 5 button CC testing. Print this out so you have it. Randall

You need an old style phone jack and a small digital multimeter like you can find at most local hardware stores. About $25 for the two of them.

Ok but where is the other end at. The one at controller is ok.

At the A/C and you have to test that cable with a phone jack and meter to see if that is o.k. or not. If the voltage isn't there it isn't going to work.

Ok thank you.

You are most welcome! Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. Randall