RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Camper norcold stopped cooling. I think it is related to…

Camper norcold stopped cooling...

Camper norcold stopped cooling. I think it is related to night spent on steep incline. Can it be “reset?” Or, do I have to take it to a dealer? The green light blinks 5 times while the

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold appliance? How old is it?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold appliance? What have you tried so far?

Began blinking last night while camped on steep hill.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don’t know model but it is a refer/freezer unit

6/14/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me a few mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Make sure the fridge is level I would let it sit about 12 hours level before trying again, inside the cooling unit is an ammonia solution and when you park off level that solution can stop moving and cause a blockage.

There is a reset that you can try. Under the outside access panel is a circuit board, in a nut shell you are going to get a wire and strip back the ends and stick the wire in a connector to ground, when doing this hold the wire for 15 seconds. IT is going to depend on the style board you have as well. Click HERE and HERE for the reset procedures. One style board has a 6 pin connector and the other has a 16 pin. Follow the directions step by step and you should be able to get it to reset.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Robert

Thanks! I’ll let it sit overnight and give it a try. How do I let you know if it worked?

Just respond back to me if needed. I am around daily and respond when I can.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic