RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My two back jacks are stuck fully down. I don't know where a…

My two back jacks...

My two back jacks are stuck fully down. I don't know where a reset switch is, or the fuses in my just bought 2001 Winnebago Adventurer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

I know what car fuee psnels look like, never looked for them in an rv ... 1st rv.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '01 RV?

All I know is Winnebago Adventurer, but I have about 6" mound of papers/booklets--tell me where to look and I can find what you need.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, because it is stuck in my son's driveway where I drove it when I bought it. The back jacks are ALL the way down and it can't be driven.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

First I bought a new chassis battery. That didn't help.

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

No problem ... it is pouring rain here, not looking forward to sliding under it!

You should have a HWH system on your RV. Normally when the jacks will not retract it could be solenoid issue OR possibly a blown fuse on the HWH control box. During this time frame they liked to stick the box in front of the steering column mounted to the fire wall, you would see the harness from the control pad going to the box, on the outside of the box are some fuses, kind of a bad spot for location for that box, I do recall it being there.

The other possible problem is a solenoid issue. What you can do is open the solenoids for the leveling jacks and see if the jacks retract I might also spray the jacks down with some silicone spray. The solenoids are located by the pump/manifold which should be located right in back of the front grille area, the solenoids you are after have a T handle on them, open them all about 5 turns and then see if the jacks go up, you may need to assist them to get them up. This also could be a shuttle valve problem if they do not retract with the solenoids, click HERE for some info on that.

No worries, get back to me when you can, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.

Robert

No call yet, please try t OP describe places to go, like is a flip switch under the hood or by my batteries in the step? Or where is the fuse box for the levelers? I have the hwh book for my rv downloaded.Or is there somewhere else to start?

I just replied to you with some direction on this, IF you did not see my response please let me know.

Robert

THANK YOU, ***** ***** like GREAT INFO to begin with as the weather grts better!!! (Rain coming into NC from the gulf until THURSDAY!!! Have a good week.

Same to you.....

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic