RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Flagstaff Forest River 227 MAC tent camper. I

I have a Flagstaff...

I have a Flagstaff Forest River 227 MAC tent camper. I opened the camper and near the sink, there was a grommet in the shape of a black ball with a screw attached. I have a picture I could send so you could see what I'm talking about. My question is what is this and where does it go? Alan

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me more about what's going on?

It had fallen off something and was lying on the foor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

Is there a way I can attach a picture?

6/3/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You should be able to ad photos into your reply using the paper clip icon on the page. You can also send them to***@******.*** and they can pass them along to me, sometimes that way can take some time. It sounds like some kind of rubber stop to prevent to hard surfaces from coming into contact with each other, I might have a better idea seeing the picture.

Robert

I just saw the pictures, you opened a new question and when you do that it makes it more confusing, I may not even get to see the question.

That looks like some kind of stop, I would take a look around where that will screw into, it will be a pretty good size threaded hole, hard to say often hand where the exact location goes.

Robert

I have a Flagstaff Forest River 227 MAC tent camper. I opened the camper and near the sink, there was a grommet in the shape of a black ball with a screw attached. I have a picture I could send so you could see what I'm talking about. My question is what is this and where does it go?

YES I got the pictures and it looks like some kind of rubber stop. There has to be a hole that is threaded that it screws into. I am not sure of exact location as it could go about anywhere.

Robert

I don't mind the $26, but it sounds like you aren't sure about what this is. I know it's a rubber stop and I realize there should be a hole where the threaded screw goes. Do you know what this is?

I am not exactly sure where it goes. My goal is for you to be satisfied. I will opt out of the question so other experts can respond. I do not know when another RV expert will respond they come and go daily. Robert

Thanks. If anyone does know what this is, then I'll pay your fee. If not, then I'll check elsewhere.
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

That is not a stop.

It is a rubber bumper/cushion that attaches to the roof when lowered

to prevent wear on the 2 surfaces.

I hope this helps you.

thanks. ***** owe you anything, let me know.

Thank you for the response.

If you would be kind enough to Rate my answer.

Not the 1st expert as he opt-out.

Then I get the credit for the question.

Wayne, RV Mechanic

Morning,

Thank You.