RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2018 sunseek forestriver and I can’t get the

Customer Question
I have a 2018...

I have a 2018 sunseek forestriver and I can’t get the refrigerator to get cold. I’m plugged into electricity and the green light is on on the fridge

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The green light on the outside of the refrigerator door indicating that it is on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Forest River?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m packed up and ready to head out on a camping trip, I’m just trying to turn iton

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. Thank you!

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/3/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Have you tried running it on BOTH LP and AC power for at least 6 hours?

What is the make and model of the fridge?

Thanks, Robert

Norcold 611vrt. What is LP power?

The fridge will work on propane and AC power. When you are diagnosing you would want to know if it cools on one source and not the other. SO run it on AC power for 6 hours and if the box does not get cold run it on propane (LP). If the box still does not get cold it could be a cooling unit or thermistor problem. IF it cools on one source and not the other then it is NOT the cooing unit or thermistor. IF you want to do some testing and get back to me that is fine.
Robert