RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Lost power in several outlets. Can’t find a fuse or tripped…

Lost power in several...

Lost power in several outlets. Can’t find a blown fuse or tripped breaker. Eric

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2006 Fleetwood Expedition 38S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looked for blown fuse and tripped breaker.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Lost power at the microwave and front tv area

5/25/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Go to your inverter and check the inverter for a tripped breaker, most inverters will have one or two breakers on them, they will be round buttons you push in to reset or small switches, on some inverters the buttons are on the side.

Make sure you do not also have any tripped GFI's these will be outlets with a test and reset on them. They are normally in the bathroom or kitchen area but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside of the RV.

Please let me know if you need more help.
Robert

NO normally the only time you want the inverter on is when you need AC power when you are NOT plugged in OR with the generator.

On the remote panel inside it should not show it is inverting, it will still charge the battery and pass through the AC voltage when it is off.

Looks like that button is it, make sure there are no more push button breakers on the sides.

IF the inverter breaker is not tripped then need to go around the RV search high and low and make sure you do not have a tripped GFI, these are the outlets that have a test and reset on them.

Beyond that I would isolate the AC power and start checking each outlet one at a time, look for any loose or burnt wires, if power goes down to one outlet the others will stop working.

Hope this helps out. Robert

Thanks!! Will check it out

No problem at all...

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic