RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an old 1999 coachman, leprechaun. I want to know how…

I have an old...

I have an old 1999 coachman, leprechaun. I want to know how to light the water heater

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Not lights. I am trying to light my gas water heater

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '99 RV?

Coachman, leprechaun

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

E450 super duty

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how to light the gas water heater and stove

I am waiting for an answer. How long does it take?
5/21/2019
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I fully understand the frustration you can have when things aren't working the way they should. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your water heater. What is the make and model of your water heater? Randall in RV

OkayWhere do I find the make and model

If this is a manual valve model you will need an LP "flame stick" for this as matches aren't really long enough. If this is an electronic model you just need to turn the switch to "On" and it will go into ignition and light as long as all the components are working properly. If you open up the outside inspection cover there is a data tag there with that information. Randall

It will be either an Atwood or a Suburban model in almost every case.

Be sure that the LP valve on the tank is all the way on and that the LP detector switch is on as well. Along the floorline. Dark brown or white and about 3" x 7" and it has a switch that you turn on.

I am adding a link to the Atwood Service Manual HERE in case that is the one you have.

It is an atwood

Which model?

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification