RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Outback fridge won’t get any colder than 58 degrees. Any…

My Outback fridge won’t...

My Outback fridge won’t get any colder than 58 degrees. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Outback?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Power is on. My son checked the cover and pipes outside but didn’t see anything amiss

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

RV has been in storage about a. Year

5/5/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you happen to have the make and model of the fridge?

Most likely it is a Dometic or Norcold, the model number will help if at all possible.
Thanks, Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
DM2852RBFX
Phone call session started

Nice talking to you.

AS we discussed on the phone you can unplug the thermistor and then let the fridge run for about 4 hours and see if the box and freezer get cold.

If you go to the outside access panel you will see a circuit board, the circuit board has a cover on it and wires going to it. Unplug the cord the fridge is plugged into and remove the cover on the board. Once the cover is off you will see a 2 wire connector it is right below a 6 wire connector, unplug the 2 wire connector and then let it run for about 4 hours and see what happens. When you do this the fridge is put into a full cooling cycle. IF the box gets very cold then I would replace the thermistor.

IF you have the same results I would want to see how the fridge cools on LP, it is going to take a good 4-6 hours each time you test.

I am around daily and respond when I can, IF you need more help respond back to this.

Thanks, Robert

Robert, are you available?

YES would you like me to give you a call?

Robert

please

Nice talking to you, if you still need more help always feel free to contact me. I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.
Robert

We’re having record rain storms in AR and haven’t finished. Please give us a few more days :). Won’t forget to give you a great review thanks so much for all your advice!

No problem at all, take your time I am around daily and respond when I can.
Thanks, Robert

Hi, Robert, it has finally stopped raining and we were ready to try all the things you suggested. Both refrigerators work just fine on gas, but would not work on electricity (30 amps.). We are assuming that 30 amps will only run one fridge but not two on electricity. Is this possible? It doesn't seem logical that both refrigerators refuse to work on electricity but both work just fine on gas. Thanks for all your kind help!

To start you have to check the outlets the units are plugged into to see if they have voltage, if needed plug something else into the outlet.

Need to try and see if this is a fridge problem or the problem is in the RV. IF you have no power to the outlets the fridge is plugged into cycle all the breakers in the main breaker panel, look for any tripped GFI's as well, these will be outlets with a test and reset on them. IF you have an inverter in your RV make sure you do not have a tripped breaker on the inverter. An inverter allows you to have AC power when you are dry camping. Not all RV's have them.

IF you find the outlets the units are plugged into have voltage let me know asap.

Robert