RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a norcold 811 rt when turned on electric had 2

Customer Question
Hello we have a...

Hello we have a norcold 811 rt when turned on electric had 2 green flashes and also put it in gas mode and the burner lit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The on light blinks twice, does not stay on steady

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2017 Starcraft autumn ridge 329bhu

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Checked power had 120 volts, checked fuses on board both tested good

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/25/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Norcold.

Was the green ON light flashing 2 times every 5 seconds?

Thanks, Robert

IF you are getting a repeating code every 5 seconds and it is blinking two times it means the optical display panel has failed, this is the control panel that you use to turn on the fridge. Click HERE for a service manual and you can verify the flashing light code. Most RV stores should be able to obtain this part for you, you will also need to get the serial number off the fridge.

IF you find that is not the fault you are getting please let me know, all follow ups are included.

Hope this helps. Robert