RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My fridge and freezer went completely out Sunday. My RV is…

Customer Question
My fridge and freezer...

My fridge and freezer went completely out Sunday.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?

My RV is 2018 Keystone. Bought it April 27, 2018.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

I am 76 year old lady. I have checked what I know to be fused by clicking them off and back on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of. Everything else electric is working.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/23/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you happen to have the make and model of the fridge?

Should be a sticker inside the door with that info, most likely it is a Norcold or Dometic.

Thanks, Robert

Dometic

OK

And just so I am sure the fridge is NOT turning on and the interior light inside the fridge is OFF, is that correct?

Thanks, Robert

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

If the interior light and control panel is off then you may have a blown fuse on the circuit board for the fridge. The circuit board is under the outside access panel and it has a plastic cover over it. On the board are some fuses, one fuse is for the AC power for the fridge and the other is for the DC side or what allows the fridge to turn on. Unplug the fridge from the outlet it is plugged into and then remove the cover on the board. You may need to recruit some help getting the cover off the board as access can be difficult.

IF you are not comfortable doing that I would have a RV shop or mobile RV tech come have a look at this for you. NO more then 1 hour of labor to diagnose the problem.

IF you still are in need of help please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Thanks, Robert