RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Iam replacing a norcold panel 633292 with new NORCOLD BOARD…

Iam replacing a norcold...

Iam replacing a norcold panel 633292 with new NORCOLD BOARD KIT 637779 and inside optic board but lost the install instructions dont know where all the wires go cause kit came with a few jumper wires also. I do understand where some of the wires go and also all of them may not have to be used.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Yes all fuses are good and no I do not have a wiring diagram the new board is a replacement due to old is no longer available I do know the cooling system works I by passed control board and coolant is getting hot

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2001 HR admiral

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fridge is a N821

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

4/18/2019
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I fully understand the frustration you have when things are not working as they should. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your installation of this upgrade kit.

took a look online and I found no copies or installation video links. That leaves you going to the local RV shop and having them copy one they have or calling Norcold Customer Service and have them e-mail you one. That contact number is(###) ###-####and follow the prompts. I may have one here in my shop, but have no way to attach that to a post.

Sorry I haven't got more on this for you. I hope you actually needed these parts and that it wasn't another problem. Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. Thanks! Randall in RV

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Im almost positive needed the parts due to inside optical board would not power off had to pull DC wire or turn batteries off and to what norcold said was the optical boards are paired with circuit board also my optical board is no longer available
Phone call session started

Please keep in mind that both boards may have been able to be repaired by Dinosaur Electronics or others. Usually this is less money than all new parts. Randall

thank you and I was able to figure it out there was step on google that showed where to put one of the jumpers. I had to jump the hi and low limit switch plugs since mine does not have them. every thing works fine. the only thing now i get the letter d that is door open to long but its closed ? but unit still operates.

That is a sensor inside the door and not able to be accessed. Good job!

ok figured that but like I said as long as works not worried about door code. lol.to get that to stop need to replace the door problem is no clue which one is causing it.

I suspect it has something to do with the board and optical not working the same as the old one. Give Norcold Customer Service a call and run this by them. I have not seen this before.

ok will do thanks

You are most welcome!