RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Atwood Heater is not working in 2018 Thor 25' Motor

Customer Question
Atwood Heater is not...

Atwood Heater is not working in 2018 Thor 25' Motor Home....Model # AFMD30141. I've had the sail switch in and out ....cleaned it and it works for a week and then it stops again. Frustrated and cold in Seattle.??

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '18 RV?

Thor Freedom Elite

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes....taken out the sail switch, cleaned it, spoken to several RV places who can't see me for weeks and I'm having a difficult time finding the part. Seems as though it works for long periods and then stops. Puzzling

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
Send me a cell phone # and I can text you a couple pics of the sail switch I've removed fyi.FYI....Fan comes on, but igniter won't light. However, if I go outside while the fan is on and bang on the heater cover it will shake things enough to ignite and the heat comes on. ?? Lose wire ??
4/15/2019
RV Mechanic: rvtechnician2011, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
rvtechnician2011
rvtechnician2011, RVIA Certification
There is a common issue with the sail switch on these units. Call atwood and explain situation and that tapping on furnace near sail switch makes it fire up and they will send you a new sail switch, most likely for free.