RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold TV fridge will not turn on getting a communications…

Customer Question
Norcold TV fridge will...

Norcold TV fridge will not turn on getting a communications error code

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2018 Coleman 3045rl never used

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes ..have shore power checked all fuses in panel and behind the fridge all are good and have 12v and 110v power to fridge

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Light inside fridge does not turn on

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
Do we have any ideas yet
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/14/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the model number of the Norcold and what error code are you seeing?

Thanks, Robert

N7 flashing red dot ten times

OK

Please give me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

What I would do to start off on this is remove all the DC power from the fridge for about 5 mins.

IF that does not help it gets a bit more complex, there is blue wire that runs from the control board under the outside access panel to the display panel that you use to turn the fridge ON, if that wire is shorted to ground or has continuity the fridge needs to be replaced. That is per the service manual.

The best you can do is disconnect the DC power from the board and while the board is disconnect from power check all the connectors, pay attention to the blue wires as that is the wire that is causing the problem.

IF this is still under warranty I would have it looked at if cycling the DC power does not work. I know not great news on this.

Robert