RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Slide out solenoid only clicks, put on new solenoid same…

Customer Question
Slide out solenoid only...

Slide out solenoid only clicks , put on new solenoid same problem ,can not open slides 2003 Itasca sundance

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Solenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sundance yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes put on new solenoid same proble

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
4/7/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Which solenoid did you replace did you replace the solenoid for the pump/motor OR did you replace an extend or retract solenoid on the pump/manifold, they would have a T handle or 1/4" nut on the end of them.

Will the pump/motor come on at all and nothing happens? OR the pump is NOT coming on?

Thanks, Robert

pump motor

OK

And you are saying all you get is a click, did you check to see if voltage is passing through the solenoid?

Robert

Also is the leveling system working?

Robert

This sounds like the pump motor if you have good voltage at the relay or solenoid you replaced.

Pump motor diagnostics consists of checking the voltage at the motor and sometimes, checking the current draw of the motor with a clamp-on meter. Either test has to be done with the pump relay on, trying to run the pump

Voltage Test. This test must be done while trying to run the motor. Check the voltage by putting the + meter lead on the motor + voltage stud. Use the pump housing for the ground lead. If you have 8.0 volts or more, the pump motor should be running. 8 volts is not very good voltage and it should be determined why the voltage is that low but the pump motor should still run. It you have less than 8.0 volts, locate a good ground that is adequate for the motor and recheck. Resistance in the pump mounting could be the issue. Also check the voltage at the pump relay. Make sure the problem of low voltage is not a connection at the motor.

What you also may want to do is contact HWH direct they are hard to get a hold of as they work of a call back log but they do offer some support these pumps are spendy so they may have you do some more testing, if you call get the AP number of the pump.

Let me know if you need more help. Robert