RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our fridge will not stay on not on automatic or gas it blew…

Customer Question
Our fridge will not...

Our fridge will not stay on not on automatic or gas it blew a fuse and we replaced the fuse and it hasn’t blown again but we reset it and it just keeps going back to the check light

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

We have a 2019 conquest by gulf stream supreme

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

The fuse in the outside box was blown so we replaced that we have tried it on auto and on gas only and we did the reset where you turn it off and then on and it tried to egnite for 45 seconds and the check light stays off for a little while and then comes back on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We are trying o fix it before we have someone come out just incase it is an easy fix

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
3/24/2019
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I fully understand the frustration you have when things are not working as they should. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your fridge. May I have the make and model of your fridge? Randall in RV

dometic dm2652rbxwe have a 2019 conquest by gulf stream surpremeour hot water heater and stove are working fine

Are you plugged into shore power or dry camping?

we are stationary and plugged in

The fuse that blew. Is that on the control board or in your load center where the rest of the fuses and breakers are? And see the attached link for a copy of the Dometic Service Manual that is used for this model. RM and DM are virtually the same fridge. Print this out so you have it. http://www.nancyemmert.com/region6/Resources/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

on the control board the other is fine it never blew and i will print that thanks

Is the fridge level? If not, it will overheat and not cool and can ruin the cooling unit. Is the reset button you are pushing on the flue stack? Small black button on the hi limit switch?

no we read that you can turn it off and then on and it will try to ignite for 45 sec that’s all the reset we have done is there a picture in that manuel that shows where the reset is

If it tries to light on LP mode and won't then it may be a dirty burner or low LP working pressure or faulty board. Open up the outside inspection panel and look there on the flue stack. Take the tin cover off and observe the burner. Let me know if you see any yellowish debris around the base of it. That would not be a good sign.

no it’s cleani hear the gas flow and hear it igniting and starting a flame but don’t see a flame

Then remove the tin shroud so you can see it. Blue flame that should be "dancing" on the burner and it will emit a dull roar as well.

our rv is leveloki see a red glow but no blue flamethe flame is on in there but it is red

It appears that the control board may be defective. In my shop I always use an after market board made by Dinosaur Electronics as they are made in Oregon and not China and a superior product! Same part number as the OEM boards. That is embossed on the black cover. And you may need to get the LP working pressure on the tank regulator checked. It may be too low. Or it may be failing. Most shops have a manometer to do this if you take it off and into them. If that is failing I would go with an MEC Marshall regulator.

it’s hot to the touch

Bug debris inside the burner can cause this kind of flame. You can't see it in most cases. Spider webs or wasps do this all the time.

oh okok we will take it off and take it inare there mobile mechanics that can come look at it

If it won't run on AC mode then the heating element may have shorted out and need replacing. You can check that with a small digital multimeter. Instructions in the manual. And yes, most places have a mobile technician that can come out. Ask the local RV parks as they can usually recommend one or two good ones.

ok thanks

You are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer.

will do

10-4