RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a norcold RV refrigerator. I’m getting an L1 OP error…

Customer Question
I have a norcold...

I have a norcold RV refrigerator. I’m getting an L1 OP error message. New RV and at a camp site now. Can’t get the fridge to work.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Norcold is the make. Model is 2118

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

About a year old

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I need help to fix it

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
3/23/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you go to the outside access panel and remove it, tell me if you see a small black box with a red led light on it, need to know if the light is ON?

Robert

it’s on

OK

Please give me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

This code means the hi limit is open and that small black box with the led light is the high limit, if the light is on the fridge is locked out and the sensor is tripped. Get a strong magnet and hold it right on the sensor above the light for about 15 seconds, inside is a reed switch and it should reset the sensor. Click HERE for some more info on the sensor. IF the light comes back on or you can not get it to go off it will need to be looked at. The two main reasons for the light coming on is if you had a low DC voltage condition or you actually had a high temp problem, if that was the case it would reset only to come back on when you are running the fridge. Also make sure the fridge is level.

Hope this helps. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Robert

Thank you

No problem at all.

Please let me know if you need more help on this.

Robert