RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We are trying to replace hoses by shower and toilet leaking…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to replace hoses by shower and toilet leaking from rat damage and can't figure out how to get to the hoses. It is a 2018 Windjammer Model No, 3008W. Thanks for your help.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

We are trying to replace hoses on our 2018 Forest River Windjammer by the toilet and shower that are leaking due to rat damage. the model no. is 3008W. Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 Forest River?

Windjammer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are trying to fix it but can't figure out how to get to the hoses without cutting a hole in the wall.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No - I don't think so., Thank you

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
3/22/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Many times they will use 1/8 decorative wall board that is stapled into place and you may be able to pop off the entire panel on the adjacent wall behind the shower to get at the lines. They really do not consider the plumbing when the shower gets installed, it gets installed before the walls go up, all the walls should be is very thin luan board and it is normally pin nailed or stapled into place.

IF you want to send me a few photos of the opposite side of where the shower valves are located I might be able to direct you more on this.

Robert

It is 2 years old - it is caused from rats chewing on it. We can't figure out how to get to the hoses to replace them.

I just responded to you at the same time.

I will re-post you can add photos into your reply using the paper clip icon on the page.

Robert

There is a tv built in on the other side

Right, that may need to come out the only way to get to the lines is though an adjacent wall, making a cut out and then installing a decorative panel is another option, then you would have access at anytime. I would need to see some pictures to direct you some more on this.

Robert

Oh and a gas fireplace too.

That would probably all have to come out to get at the lines, they do not think about service when they install these showers please feel free to send me some photos, you can add photos into your reply using the paper clip icon on the page.

Robert

Thanks. I don't have any photos and the RV is at our property. I can take some when we go up there and send them to you. Thanks.

Sounds good, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Thanks, Robert