RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Awning is slopped right to left on our tiffin phaeton 44oh -

Awning is slopped right...

Awning is slopped right to left on our tiffin phaeton 44oh - is that normal? The left bracket in the middle of the arm has a spring which you can see has fliiped out of the bracket and the hinge pin is not flush - has moved up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44oh

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just trying to find out if the awning should be straight or sloped. slopes right to left buy about 8"

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Would like to know if I need a new bracket arm

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you have the make and model of the awning? IF not can you send a few photos? You can add photos into your reply using the paper clip icon on the page.

Some awnings do in fact have a slope to help rain water to run off the awning, if there was an issue with the awning then it would not go in or out properly OR it would not store flush to the RV. IF the awning is working good and stores properly it may be OK, I would need the make and model or some pictures to assist more.

Robert

The Awning is a Carefree of Colorado Freedom Freestyle Whall Mount.
Awning Assembly - Part # CA197AGJVLM
Forward Arm Part # R012530-TB94RI do not have pictures

OK

Click HERE for a service manual, there is a pitch adjustment on this particular awning. if the spring flipped out of the bracket and the hinge pin is not flush you may need a new arm, look the manual over first and then I would contact Carefree directly and ask for technical support they may or may not talk to you on this, I know in the past they have helped owners out but they may have switched to using the dealers, would not hurt to try them, they can be reached at(###) ###-####

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic